Kolkata, the City of Joy, is known for its rich culture and heritage. Kolkata is also known to be one of the most affordable property markets in India. Over the past few years, the city has been witnessing tremendous growth in the field of real estate. Unlike the other metro cities, properties in Kolkata are comparatively affordable. The fast-paced development taking place in the city, smooth connectivity, and access to basic infrastructure, are some of the major reasons why flats in Kolkata are witnessing an increase in demand.
Here are some of the finest locations where you can buy flats in Kolkata –
- New Town – Over the last few years, there have been several residential and commercial developments in Kolkata. New Town has a proper road connectivity with the rest of the city. The locality is well connected through Eastern Metropolitan Bypass (E M Bypass) and VIP road. New Town is also known for housing several multinational companies, business parks, and clubs. Some of the finest educational institutes and healthcare centres of the city are also located in New Town. These are some of the reason why flats in New Town, Kolkata enjoy a huge demand
- Dum Dum – Dum Dum is located in North Kolkata and it houses the international and domestic airport of Kolkata. It is also one of the oldest localities in Kolkata and it has connectivity to other parts of the city via an excellent network of roadways and railways. Dum Dum possesses a well-developed infrastructural facility and is, therefore, one of the preferred residential destinations in the city. Lake Town, which is another upcoming residential hotspot in Kolkata also falls under the jurisdiction of Dum Dum.
- Joka – Over the last few years Joka has evolved a lot, and now it provides superior and modern living facilities. Joka is very well connected to other important locales such as Howrah, Esplanade, and Sealdah through Diamond Harbour Road. Joka possesses enormous real estate options for buyers. It houses both high-end and budget-friendly property options.
- Behala – Behala is one of the most popular areas of the South-western area of Kolkata. Behala is closely located to Sector V and is also well connected to other famous areas such as Bidhannagar, Howrah, and Sealdah via bus network. The property prices in Behala have witnessed tremendous growth because of the metro (under construction), which is connecting Behala to IIM Joka. Flats in Behala enjoy several infrastructural facilities. The presence of quality infrastructure and several colleges and industries in the area has also boosted the demand for residential properties over there. A few companies located nearby Behala are CyberSwift Infotech, WBO IT Solutions, Ventrux Informatics, Innovitas Information Technology Services, Wipro, and Experis IT Pvt Ltd.
- Tollygunge – Tollygunge is another area located in South Kolkata which enjoys huge real-estate demand. Tollygunge has great connectivity to other parts of the city via buses and the presence of the metro station makes traveling even more hassle-free. Tollygunge is also located near Kalighat, Behala, Bansdroni, and Jadavpur. It is also famed as the centre of the Bengali film industry, known as Tollywood.
The above are the prime locations that we think one should look into when thinking of purchasing residential property in Kolkata. Although there are many other desirable locations that are worth looking into, these 5 are the most popular. A few factors to determine a desirable location would be the proximity to public transportation, hospital or healthcare, marketplace, and so on.